Microblading is a popular semi-permanent makeup technique used to improve the look of eyebrows. This procedure involves using microneedles and pigments to create natural-looking, hair-like strokes that blend in with existing eyebrows.
However, microblading requires preparation and aftercare to ensure successful sessions and long-lasting results. This blog will discuss how you should prepare for your microblading session and provide aftercare tips to keep your brows looking fabulous for years to come!
Prepping for Your Appointment
Before microblading, it is essential that you properly prepare your skin. Proper preparation of the skin helps ensure a successful microblading session. To begin with, you should thoroughly cleanse your face and eyebrows. It is recommended to use a gentle facial cleanser to remove any dirt or oils that may be present on the skin. After cleansing, you should apply an antiseptic solution to the area. This will help ensure that your skin is in optimal condition for the procedure.
Remember these tips:
- Do not pick, tweeze, or wax one week before the procedure.
- Avoid tanning two weeks prior.
- Do not have any type of facial two weeks before treatment.
- Avoid working out or sweating the day of the procedure.
- Do not have botox three weeks prior.
- Do not take Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week prior (these are natural blood thinners).
- Do not drink alcohol 24 – 48 hours before your tattoo.
- Do not drink coffee (or any caffeine) before your procedure.
It is imperative to know good tips to optimize your microblading experience. After your appointment, blot the area with clean, soft tissue. This absorbs excess lymph fluid, which prevents the hardening of the lymph. Continue this periodically until the oozing has stopped.
For the next 1-7 days, try to avoid touching your brows. Allow them to heal completely on their own without assistance as our skin will naturally take care of the healing process. You may experience scabbing, but do not pick at the scabs to avoid losing color.
DO NOT use any cleansing products containing acids (glycolic, lactic, or AHA) or exfoliants. Overall, keeping the area clean and free from dirt or oils is vital. Apply a thin layer of ointment twice daily, and avoid activities such as swimming or saunas for at least two weeks after treatment. Following the proper aftercare process, you can maintain your new look for many years!
- Use a fresh pillowcase. This eliminates the possibility of dirts and oils transferring from an old, unclean pillowcase.
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring or loss of color.
- No facials, botox, chemical treatments, or microdermabrasion for four weeks. Allow your brows and the surrounding areas to heal completely before doing any other procedures.
- Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one week. This is to limit the amount of oils and moisture that may irritate the area.
- Wear a hat when outdoors to avoid direct sun exposure. You do not want a sunburn and peeling!
- Avoid tanning for four weeks after the procedure. This is also due to avoiding sunburn, but also to avoid harsh, direct heat that may irritate the skin.
- Avoid long hot showers for the first ten days. Again, keep the area dry!
- Avoid topical makeup, including sunscreen, on the area. Do not introduce bacteria from makeup brushes or pile thick products on top of the microblading area that will not let the area breathe.
Choose an Expert
The results are beautiful when an experienced microblade artist does it. They can give you the best results. With an expert, you can be sure your eyebrows will look stunning; make them look natural for years to come. Don’t settle for anything less than the best, make sure you go to an experienced microblading expert for your semi-permanent makeup needs!
Here at Perfection Permanent Makeup, we proudly house three experienced artists who are skilled at providing the best care to our clients with exceptional results. Contact us today to book a consultation on your perfect microblading experience!